Here is collection of some of our favorite delicious go to recipes, packed full of nutrient rich whole foods. The recipes focus on easy to follow, easy to make nutritious meals.
Simply click on the tabs below to take you straight to the chosen , meal type or enjoy scrolling through out yummy recipes and find something that takes your fancy!
Start your day with… breakfast recipes
Munching otherwise known as lunching lunch recipes
Supper evening meals
Sweet treats sweet treats and snacks
Start your day with …
So breakfast or perhaps it’s brunch but what you start your day with is really important, research shows that eating a healthy meal at the beginning of your day helps to sustain energy levels, improve insulin sensitivity and balance your mood. Ensuring you start the day with a healthy balanced meal can often be tricky, family commitments, school runs, time pressures, work, travel logistics and meetings can often create obstacles which often mean reaching for pre packaged convenience ‘ breakfast foods’ Below we have provided you with some simple, quick, easy and delicious options all of which are very good for you!
- 2 whole organic or free range eggs
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped herbs your choice, we like parlsey and dill
- 2 whole spring onions
- 2 handfuls spinach- chopped
- whisk the eggs in a bowl until well combined
- add in the rest of the ingriendients apart from the herbs and combine well
- heat your no stick pan, you can add oil if needed
- slwoly add in the egg mixture and swirl in the pan until you have a thin coating, i like to gentle nudge the cooked eg into the middle and swirl the raw egg to the sides to cook.
- once cooked, top with the herbs and fold in half to serve.
The Very Best Green Smoothie
- blender/ vitamix or nutri bullet
- 1 scoop protein powder ( i use a vegan one)
- 80 grams frozen spinach
- 1 small frozen banana
- 1 small organic pear ( can easily be swapped for something else)
- 200 ml milk or your choice, i like oat or coconut milk
- simple pop all the ingredients into a blender and enjoy!
- 200 grams mixed unslated chopped nuts
- 100 grams pumpkin seeds
- 1-2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- 1 pinch sea salt flakes
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat your oven to 170c/ 150c fan/ gas mark 3
- Roughly chop your nuts, or pulse slowly in a food blender until coarse
- Combine the nuts with the rest of the ingredients in a bowl and give them a good stir to really coat the nuts and seeds.
- Tip onto a large baking tray ( you may want to use baking paper ) and bake for 15/20 minutes in the oven. Keep an eye on them.
- Allow to cool completly and then store in an airtight container.
- Delicious served with fresh berries and spoon of coconut or natural yogurt.
- 175 ml milk, oat, nut, coconut or diary your choice
- 1 whole ripe banana
- 2-3 tsp matcha powder ( aim for a good quality organic one )
- 2 tsp honey or agave syrup
- 4 whole ice cubes
- Place all the ingredients into a blender or smoothie maker and blend until thick and well combined.
- Serve staright away with extra ice if you like
Mid Day Munching Otherwise Known As Lunching
Lunch time is the perfect time to refuel, re-energise and and provide your body with some mid day fuel! Sometimes lunchtime can require a little bit of organization and preparation depending on where you are and what you have available, but with this in mind lunchtime is the perfect time to provide your body with a delicious array of nutrient packed foods .
Beetroot Wraps with Smoked Mackerel & Spinach
- 150 grams cooked drained beetroot
- 200 ml oat milk or any milk you prefer
- 130 grams gluten free plain flour
- pinch salt and pepper
- 1 drizzle olive oil
- 1 whole beetroot sliced
- 1 handful baby spinach
- 1 whole smoked mackeral fillet
- 2 whole chopped spring onions
- 1/2 juice lemon
- 🌱combine the beetroot, flour, milk, salt and pepper in a blender
- 🌱blend until smooth
- 🌱heat the oil in a pan and when ready pour in some batter
- 🌱flip when bubbles appear on the surface
- 🌱once cooked fill your delicious toppings and eat straight away!
Roasted Root Veg Soup with Pesto
- 1 bunch carrots
- 1 bunch parsnips
- 1 whole butternut squash
- 2 whole chopped onions
- 3 whole garlic cloves
- 1 drizzle extra virgin olive oil
- 700 ml chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 jar fresh pesto
- 1 pot thick yogurt
- preheat the oven to 180c
- peel and chop all the veggies and ensure all they are all roughly the same size. ( keep the onion a little chunkier and the garlic cloves whole)
- pop all the veggies onto a baking tray and drizzle with the olive oil, salt and pepper. Leave to roast for around 30-40 minutes. Give them a quick stir half way through.
- Once the veg is golden and cooked through, pop into a blender along with the stock and blend. Check the thickness of the soup and slowly add the in the stock a little at a time to your chosen thickness.
- Reheat the soup in a saucepan, and when ready pop into bowls and top with fresh pesto and swirl through the yogurt yummy!
- 70 grams frozen peas
- 200 ml milk ( of your choice)
- 300 grams plain flour
- 1 small handful corriander
- 1 drizzle olive oil
- any fillings of your choice ( i used humus, smoked slamon and rocket )
- 🍃 combine the milk, peas, flour and herbs until smooth
- 🍃Heat the oil in a pan, and pour in some batter
- 🍃cook until bubbles form the top and then flip, very much like you would with a pancake.
- 🍃once cooked, make a slit half way up the wrap and fill with your ingredients!
- 🍃SO SO yummy and fun to make!
Tomato and Bean Soup
- 1 whole red onion, finely chopped
- 400 grams tinned tomatoes
- 200 ml bone broth or chicken/ vegtable stock
- 1 clove chopped garlic
- 400 grams butter beans
- 1 handful chopped corriander
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- Heat the oil in a pan, and add the chopped onion and garlic, cook for about 5 minutes until soft and golden .
- Add the tomatoes, and allow to gentnle bubble for aroudn 8 mintue, it will reduce slightly
- Add in the stock and transfer into a food blender and process until complelly smooth.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and add the butter beans
- Once ready to serve reheat and garnish with a large handful of parsley
Rocket Pasta Pesto Power
- 120 grams brazil nuts or almonds
- 50 grams pine nuts ( toasted if you like)
- 1 whole ripe avacado
- 50 grams basil leaves
- 1 whole juice of a lemon
- 8 tbsp olive or avocado oil
- 500 grams spagetthi1
- 1 whole courgette
- 1 whole broccoli
- Place the almonds or brazil nuts and pine nuts into a blender and whizz until completed crushed.
- Add to the nut mixture the avacado, rocket, basil, lemon juice oil, and about 8 tbsp of water and blend until smooth.
- Cook the pasta to packet instructions
- Whilst the pasta is cooking, chop the vegtables into bite sized pieces and fry in a little oil until tender, usually about 5 minutes. ( you can now also whizz the remaining vegetables with a little water and combine to a puree or serve whole)
- Once the pasta is cooked drain and toss throught the pesto and vegtable puree or chopped veggies.
Tasty Twist on a pizza snack
- 150 grams gluten free flour ( or any flour)
- 90 grams butter
- 60/90 grams grated cheese i used chedder but any hard cheese would work
- any toppings of your choice
- 🍕preheat the oven 220c
- 🍕combine the flour and butter with your fingertips to form breadcrumbs
- 🍕add your cheese and bring together to form a dough
- 🍕tip on a floured board and roll out to about 1/2cm thick
- 🍕cut out your cheese discs and place on a lined baking tray
- 🍕bake for 10ish mins or until golden brown top with your favourite pizza toppings and enjoy!
Courgette, Lentil and Feta Salad
- 100 grams lentils ( cooked or canned )
- 3 whole courgettes ( expeirment with different varietyies)
- 2 handfuls fresh mint
- 2 whole ripe avocados
- 100 grams feta cheese ( ideally organic)
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 whole the juice from 1 lemons
- 50 grams sunflower seeds
- Peel the courgettes with a vegetable peeler, so you end up with thin ribbons
- finely chop the mint leaves and chop the avocado into small chunks
- combine the lentils courette ribbons, avocado, mint oil and lemon juice in a bowl
- add the seeds and crumble the feta into the bowl mix well and enjoy
Eating three set meals a day doesn’t work for everyone, but if you’re like me the evening mealtime is a time when the family comes together after a busy day of school and work. Supper time is a social time, it’s a place where we catch up on our individual days, its fun, its social and its good for the soul! With this in mind i love to create interactive meals, whether it’s a big sharing one pot meal or something fun like tacos where everyone can put together there own meal based on what they like. Supper time provides an opportunity to create a feast of goodies whilst committing to healthy eating.
Crispy Crunchy Chilli Cauliflower
- 500 ml oil if frying
- 1 whole cauliflower
- 3 whole spring onions chopped
for the sauce
- 250 ml orange juice
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 60 ml sriracha sauce
- 1 tbsp soya sauce
- 1 tsp garlic powder
for the batter
- 130 grams cornflour
- 250 ml non diary milk- i used oat milk
- 3 tbsp malt vinegar or rice vinegar
- 1 pinch sea salt flakes
- 1 tsp baking powder
- pop all the ingredients for the sauce into a saucepan and mix well. Leave on a low heat stirring ocassionally for about 6 minutes until it begins to thicken.
- to make the crispy cauliflower, break the whole cauliflower into little florets
- pop your oil in a saucepan on a mdeium heat if frying or pop the oven onto 220c if baking
- combine the batter mix and whisk well until smooth
- allow the cauliflower to sit in the batter for a few minutes
- either pop the cauliflower onto a baking tray and into the oven until golden and crispy or pop the cauliflower in small batches into the oil to turn golden
- once cooked use a slotted spoon to place the cauliflower on a plate lined with kitchen paper to drain away any excess oil
- pour your sauce over the cooked cauliflower and combine
- top with chopped spring onions and eat straight away! I love this with jasmine rice and a vegatble stir fry.
Ricotta, Spinach & Courgette Gnudi
- 500 grams ricotta
- 225 grams grated courgette
- 250 grams spinach leaves
- 65 grams grated parmesan
- 2 whole eggs
- 125 grams plain flour ( plus a little extra for dusting )
- 2 tins chopped tomatoes
- 2 whole garlci cloves- 9 thinly sliced
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1 handful fresh basil leaves
- Drain the ricotta in a sieve for 30 minutes to drain
- Drain the ricotta in a sieve for 30 minutes to drain
- Blanch the spinach and then drain the spinach over the courgette squeezing out any excess liquid
- Add the remaining dumpling ingredients into a bowl followed by the courgette and spinach
- Dust your hands with flour and roll into little balls setting aside before refrigerating while you make the sauce
- add to a pan olive oil, tinned tomatoes, garlic, red wine vinegar and simmer for 15 minutes, season to taste
- Boil the dumplings in salted water until they float to the surface, then add into the tomato sauce and serve altogether
Organic chicken spicy pasta bake
- 3 whole organic chicken breasts
- 200 grams chopped bacon or lardons
- 1 whole onion
- 2 whole garlic cloves
- 1 whole chili
- 1 handful rosemary, leaves only
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 400 grams chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp sun dried tomato paste
- 350 grams organic dried pasta
- 1 handful freash basil
- 🌶Preheat your oven to 200°C.
- 🌶Warm 1 tbsp olive oil in a large ovenproof pan. Add the seasoned chicken ( I chopped mine) and bacon and fry for 2 mins on each side, till golden brown, then lift out onto a plate.
- While the chicken is cooking, peel and finely chop the onion, garlic and chili.
- 🌶Pick the rosemary leaves off their sprigs and finely chop them.
- 🌶Add the onion, garlic, chili and rosemary and 1 tsp dried oregano to the pan until its browned slightly.
- 🌶Pour the chopped tomatoes and 700ml hot water into the pan add pasta and the chicken and bacon into to the sauce.
- 🌶Slide the pan or dish into the oven and cook for 20 mins, (halfway stir through the 2tbsp of sun dried tomato sauce) cook until till the pasta is tender and the chicken is cooked through. ( ensure all pasta is covered )
- 🌶 Top with basil and serve with a big plate of salad or mixed green leafy veg yummy!
The Best Cheats Chicken Curry
- 2 whole red onions
- 4 cloves garlic, grated
- 400 grams green lentils (tinned)
- 600 ml good quality fresh stock
- 4-6 whole chicken breasts, cut into bite sized chunks
- 2-3 tbsp madras curry paste ( you could use a milder one too)
- 300 grams frozen spinach
- 150 ml live greek style yogurt or coconut yogurt
- Start by heating the oil in a pan, add the chopped onions and grated garlic and cook fro 5 minutes until golden and soft.
- Add the tinned lentils and slowly add the stock, allow the stock to reduce and bubble for 10 minutes
- Add the raw chicken ( this will poach and cook through), the curry paste, and contiue to simmer until the chicken is cooked through ( about 12-15mins)
- Now add the frozen spinach, and leave to swirl through the curry.
- Once the flavours have combined, serve with a dallop of yogurt, rice and chopped cucumber and enjoy!
Funky Falafel Burgers
- 800 grams tinned chickpeas ( rinsed)
- 2 whole spring onion
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 4 tsp ground cumin
- 4 tbsp chopped parsley or corriander
- 1 juice lemon
- 1 tbsp chai seeds
- start by mixing the chia seeds with 2 tbsp of water and leave to rest for 10 minutes until you get a thick mixture. ( this really helps to bind the ingredients together )
- Place all the reamining indgreients into a food blender with the chai seed mixture and pulse until you form a crumble consisitency.
- With mosit hands form 4 patties about 8cm wide, place these in the fridge for at least 1 hour to firm up.
- Once the brugers are chilled, turn the grill on to a medium heat and grill the patteis on each side for about 5 minutes until nicely golden brown.
- Once cooked serve the patties on a big plate, with burger rolls, grilled mushrooms, tomato slices, lettuce cups, pcikled cabbage, cheese and mayo! Enjoy
Sumptious Salmon and Ribbon Veggies
- 4 fillets salmon, sustainable caught
- 1 whole red onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, diced
- 3 whole juice of oranges
- 1 whole juice of lime
- 500 grams mixed veggies, we like carrots, courgetter and spring onions
- 4 tsp soya sauce
- 4 tsp runny honey
- 2 tsp seasame seeds
- Start by preheating the oven to 200c/ 400f/gas mark 6. Line a baking tray with foil. Heat a little oil in a pan and add the onion and garlic to cook until softened.
- Add the orange juice, lime juice and simmer until reduced by half and nice and thick. You can now season this with salt and pepper. Place this to the side for later.
- Place the 4 salmon fillets on the baking tray and cook for 15-20 minutes depending on the thickness of the fillets, cook through.
- Heat a little oil in a pan, carefully peel your veg with a vegtable peeler so you end up with thin ribbons or you can fineley slice your veg, you want them to all be of the same thickness. Add the soya sauce and honey to the pan with the vegtables and cook for 2 minutes.
- Once the salmon is cooked plate your veg, and salmon and then spoon over your delicious sauce and enjoy.
We all love a sweet treat from time to time, but how about boosting the nutrients and skipping all the refined sugar for a little more naturally based sweetness? Here are some of our favorites most of which can be made dairy and gluten free too!
- 400 grams whole milk strained greek yogurt
- 4 tbsp honey
- 1 whole lime zest
- 1 whole lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 handful nuts to add at the end
- pop the yogurt in the freezer for about 20 minutes
- remove the yogurt and place in the bowl with the honey, lemon juice and lime zest
- whisk until combined and smooth
- add the vanilla and combine again
- scrape the mixture into a medium sized conatiner with lid and pop back into the freezer for about 30-40 minutes
- when ready to serve add the nuts and enjoy ( if you leave it in the freezer for longer just allow to sit on the side for 15 mins beofre serving )
- you can easily experiment with different flavours too!
Blissful Bounty Bars
- 300 grams organic shredded coconut ( or toasted chips)
- 2 tbsp organic coconut oil
- 1 tbsp agave syrup (or honey not vegan)
- 2 tbsp organic maple syrup
- 150 grams dark chocolate- the best you can find !
- pop your shredded coconut into a food mixer and give it a good whizz until all finely shredded.
- warm the coconut oil until melted, and add to the coconut with the syrups
- line a baking tray with baking paper, and carefully scoop out the mixture onto the baking tray, make sure its about 3-4 cm thick
- press down firmly and pop into the freidge for at least 1 hour to firm up
- once firm cut into bars
- melt your chocolate ( resisit licking the spoon!)
- once ready use two folks to turn the bars one at a time in the melted chocolate, place back onto the baking paper and once complete place back into the fridge until hard.
- Enjoy, and if you have any left store in an air tight container for up to 5 days.
- 250 grams buckwheat flour
- 400 ml milk of your chocie, nut, oat, dairy, coconut
- 1 tbsp baking powder ( you can use gluten free)
- 1 whole egg
- 2 tbsp coconut oil or butter for frying
- 1 punnet blueberries
- 2 tbsp honey
- whisk together the flour, baking powder, egg and milk together until well combined, leave to thicken
- in a pan pop the blueberries, 2-4 tbsp of water and 2 tbsp of honey, leave to bubble away until reduced by half and forms a delicious compote
- heat a pan with oil, add one serving spoon of the pancake mixture and swirl around until if coats the pan
- cook in batches for 3-4 minutes until bubbles begin to appear over the surface then flip and cook for another minute or two. Keep warm until you have cooked them all cooked
- serve in batches of 4 piled high with the berry compote and coconut yogurt- enjoy !
Chocolate Avocado Mousse
- 2 large ripe avocados, peeled and stoned
- 4 tbsp honey or agarve syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 60 grams cocoa powder ( raw and organic is best )
- pop the avocados into a food processor or nutri bullet and blend until smooth
- add the honey , vanilla and cocoa powder and blend again to combine
- sppon into small bwols or teacups and leabe in the fridge for at least 1 hour before serving. great with raspberries or strawberries on the side.
Orange Polenta Cake
- 200 grams butter or coconut oil, melted
- 175 grams coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 3 whole eggs
- 200 grams ground almonds
- 120 grams ground polenta
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3 whole orange zest
- 3 whole orange juice
- 50 grams honey
- Preheat the oven to 170C
- Crack the eggs into a bowl and whisk, add in the rest of the ingredients. ( reserving the honey and 1 orange for the glaze)
- Pour the mixture into a greased tin and bake for 30-40 minutes
- In the last 10 minutes simmer the honey and orange juice for 7 minutes.
- Once the cake is out of the oven , leave to cool and then pour over the honey glaze.
- Really tasty served with coconut yogurt!
Ashwaganda Sleep Tonic
- 1 mug coconut or nut milk
- 1 tsp ashwaganda root powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Warm the milk and spices gentle in a pan and serve once warm