“Every moment of our life can be the beginning of great things.”
Why Pilates is so good for you
Pilates is a method of exercise adaptable and suitable for all fitness levels and needs, it really works for every body, shape, size, gender and age. Pilates can be applied to almost any activity that we engage in on a daily basis and provide you with a better understanding of posture, alignment and muscle engagement.
Pilates targets the deep postural muscles and works by strengthening and developing from the inside out. Rebalancing the body and bringing correct alignment allows for your body to become longer, leaner and more toned. Your posture will improve and you’ll find the perfect balance between flexibility and strength. Our sessions at Pneuma allow you to relax and concentrate, whilst improving your breathing , coordination and increasing stamina. Body awareness improves by bringing the body and mind together becoming ‘pneuma’.
Benefits of Pilates
- Pilates improves your flexibility, coordination, core strength, and stretches and balances the body.
- Pilates increases mobility and flexibility of the spine and joints encouraging a healthier and stronger back.
- It increases circulation and lung capacity through deep lateral breathing and breath techniques.
- Pilates is fantastic for improving bone density and maintaining joint health.
- Pilates provides a safe and beneficial type of exercise for people with a wide range of medical conditions, including disc related injuries, scoliosis, osteoporosis, arthritis, sacroiliac joint complaints and lower back pain.
- Pilates is great in facilitating recovery from an injury and helps to prevent injuries.
- It offers a supportive and safe form of exercise for cancer patients during and post recovery period.
- Pilates enhances your sport or hobby and complements training for athletes, dancers and horse riders to name a few.
- Pilates provides a sense of calm and wellbeing and improves quality of life. It brings balance and strength to the mind and body.